Monday, January 11, 2010

I'm Back!

I've been out of town since last Thursday. Travelled to Sin City for a work assignment. No still photography, just video: Shooting in and around the annual Adult Entertainment Expo.

As fun as that might sound, it was grueling. Fourteen or more hours a day, on my feet, a video camera hoisted to my eye, shooting all manner of, uhmm... interesting human behaviors. All of them, I might add, at public venues. And while it all included people with clothing on, i.e., to some degree, those interesting human behaviors remained interesting nonetheless. Thanks to the wonders of modern technology, HD video in this case, what happened in Vegas won't stay in Vegas. Leastwise, some of the stuff I observed... and shot.

Now that that's over with, I'm ready to officially begin 2010.

I'm not going to predict exact time-frames for things I'm doing. Nothing seems to move forward as planned. The Pretty Girl Shooter DVD is a good example. I was hoping to have it completed by this time but that hasn't happened. Work continues on it but on an "as I'm available and able to" basis. The more I'm "available" the less I'm earning from my normal work endeavors. The less I'm "available" means I'm making a living but other things suffer, like the DVD.

Then there's the ups and downs and day-to-day of personal life and all the demands on one's time that includes.

I ain't saying any of this is unique to me. I'm just saying.

I'm not big on New Year's resolutions, they always seem to fall by the wayside, usually by early Spring or sooner, but one thing I'm hoping to accomplish this year is becoming more attentive to time management: That is, managing my time (and projects and goals and responsibilities) in such a way that more of my time becomes productive time.

Easier said than done.

Organizational and time-management skills have never been, nor are they, my strong suit. And that's an understatment!

Maybe I can do something about that?

Time will tell.

I shot the pretty girl at the top--whose name I'm completely brain-farting on--a couple of years ago. What looks like a window behind her was actually a set piece. I added the sky in post. I think the edge-lighting (a couple of strip boxes) matches well-enough with the faux-sky I added.

2 comments:

Danny said...

Lorena.

jimmyd said...

@Danny,

Lorena! Yes. Thanks.