Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My Other Blog

What? You didn't know I had another blog? Neither did I. Until today, that is.

Yep. It's official. I've lost my mind. So, in my good-sense-challenged current condition, I've decided to start up another blog. But this time, instead of concentrating on all things related to pretty girl shooting, I thought I'd venture into deeper waters. Well, maybe not "deeper" waters. Let's just say "new" and "different" waters.

Uh-huh. You guessed it. My new blog is going to cover the photography-beat in greater depth including much more than glamour and tease photography! I will, however, try to stay away from photo-subjects I know little about which, I suppose, will make this "photography-beat in greater depth" stuff quite a bit shallower. But there's still plenty enough to write about and discuss and to craft another blog with.... At least I think there is.

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned, probably an ad nauseum number of times, that I have other photographic interests besides naked women. I know, I know, "Jimmy!" You say. "Say it ain't so! You're killing us here!" But there it is. Sometimes, I shoot other stuff; other than disrobed, sexy women, that is. Sometimes they even pay me to shoot this other stuff and, of course, sometimes not.

So there you have it. I'm writing yet another photography blog. (Obviously, I DO have too much time on my hands.) And I'd appreciate your support for this new undertaking. I'll be writing about some of the same stuff, lighting and interacting with subjects and all that, but applying those discussions to other genres: Genres like portraiture and fashion and family and event photography and more. I'll also be writing about subjects that just don't seem to match up with the general topic of this blog. Oh yeah, I suppose I should let you know where my new blog resides. Well, it's right HERE.

The photo at the top is Cindy from a couple of years ago. I call this picture, "Insanity." Shamelessly, I'll just go ahead and mention that it won a no-big-deal award or two. (Patting self on back.) I'm posting this image because it kind of represents how I'm feeling right now about this new blog-project I'm embarking on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I added your new blog to my list of "review everyday blogs" but found I couldn't add a comment there since the "Name/URL" category wasn't active - was that by design?

jimmyd said...

Thanks, George. My bad. An oversight in the settings. I think it's now fixed.

Anonymous said...

The model is perfect for this photo. I like the the apparent simple lighting and resultant strong shadow (it is fun tracing light over her body back to the source :-) To me, the dark closed eyes are more unsettling than the pose - NOT a typical shot and one of my favorites on your site... Frank