Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Pics Show Up in the Darndest Places!



It seems the folks at Claviné (pronounced kla-vin-nay) have both good tastes in sexy, celebrated women, as well as pretty girl photography.

Claviné selected the Goddess of Glam, Ms. Tera Patrick, as the U.S. spokesperson for their herbal male enhancement pill. ("Europe's #1," they say.)

Claviné also selected one of my pics of Ms. Patrick for the product's packaging. That's so cool! And even if they did choose a pic with a cliché, finger-in-the-mouth thing going on, it's STILL cool! Besides, what do I know? Maybe Tera's just demonstrating where the pills are supposed to go when people use them? You know, showing they're to be taken orally and not, uhhh... never mind. Whoa! Waitaminute. I am probably wrong here. Tera showing people how to take the pills by putting her finger to her mouth wouldn't be too complimentary to the average group-IQ of Claviné's consumers. Insulting your customers ain't the best way to brand and market a product. So, yeah, I guess I am wrong about why they chose the finger-in-the-mouth pic. Maybe they just thought its a sexy image of Tera?

What really tickles me are all the photos of the Claviné Car: A Smart Car "wrapped" with my pic of Tera. They're like "tears on wheels." Check 'em out!

Not that I need that male enhancement stuff or anything (*cough* *cough*) but I wonder if I can get my hands on some free samples of Claviné? I am the product's packaging photographer after all. I might even be willing to do a testimonial! Maybe I'd even be willing to drive the Claviné car while doing the testimonial? Better yet, maybe I could demonstrate, in the backseat of the Claviné car, that the product works? Wait. Do those Smart cars have backseats? Regardless, there has to be some way to try out the promised effects of Claviné in or on that little car.

Later on--much later cuz that's how I'd probably roll on male enhancement pills--and while kicking back behind the wheel, smoking a cigarette, and cruising around town with my demonstration partner, I'd pull up somewhere and do the testimonial while parked and smugly sitting in the Tera-wrapped Smart Car. How's that for marketing? Here's a more important question: Would I get to choose a hot-model/co-star for the demo/testimonial? Maybe they could hold auditions? I've got some free time.

7 comments:

Lin said...

Congrats Jimmy! This is so cool...I hope you were very well paid for your image. Either that or they gave you a Smart Car. And no it's not possible to have sex in a Smart car, not comfortably anyway. Not that I'd know of course, because I'm not that kind of girl. (Cough.)

Anonymous said...

barley on subjet, but since you asked - yes, you can "test" the product in a smart car, as an MP in itly a few years back i had the amusing pleasure of rolling up on more than one couple in a smart car doing what might be classified as product testing.

Anonymous said...

Jimmy,

How did you negotiate the fees for this kind of job? Do you just do work for hire or are there residuals and extended use charges. If the latter, how do you keep track of the various uses of your images?

jimmyd said...

Alas, no negotiated fees, no residuals, no nothing! Why do you think I want the free samples? Because I need them? (*cough*)

I shot some sets of Tera about a year ago under a shoot-for-hire arrangement. Her company owns the use rights. Apparently, when they made the deal with Claviné, that particular image was selected from those sets. Oh well. What'd'ya gonna do? Tera's company is a great client of mine and they hire me often.

In these shoot-4-hire situations, I'm working for a rate and I don't get to retain use rights.

That sucks, huh.

Anonymous said...

About the only good thing in your "shoot 4 hire" is that you don't have any paperwork to do....oh, and you're shooting Tera......

jimmyd said...

About the only good thing in your "shoot 4 hire" is that you don't have any paperwork to do....oh, and you're shooting Tera......

can't argue.

Anonymous said...

If you are going to do demonstrations on how the product works 1 woman isn't enough... look at the other "blue" pills.. they always have 1 woman, you need 2 or 3 :)

Isn't that the hottest car in the universe? I mean how many people have Tera Patrick in the sides and in the rear window?? :)

Congrats anyway it goes for your portfolio so :D!

Eduar