Monday, September 17, 2007

Another Year Gone By



Thanks for all the email, MySpace, and photo forum birthday wishes! Although I try my best to forget another year has passed, leaving me grayer and stodgier and with less and less room for all those candles on the B-Day cake, I truly appreciate the good wishes as well as the condolences.

I'm finding the older I get, the more my passion for photography grows. The way I look at it, photography is something I'll do till I drop. I mean, even if I end up needing a cane, a walker, or an oxygen tank, I should always be able to hoist a camera to my eye regardless of the infirmities of age.

Okay, enough of the morbid crap. I'm still up on two legs, fairly erect, and sporting most of my hair. Yep, I'm still ready, willing, and able to wield cameras with a curious eye and with little or no physical exertion required.

So, once again, thanks guys and girls for all the well wishes on the day of my birth!

The pretty lady at the top is Devin. I shot Devin last night. MUA was Vera. I captured Devin with my trusty Canon 5D w/ an 85mm prime attached. ISO 100, f/5.6 @ 125. Three monolights and two reflectors were employed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"even if I end up needing a cane, a walker, or an oxygen tank, I should always be able to hoist a camera to my eye"

a monopod can double as a cane...:>)

Congratulations on another year youngster. You will look back on this year with longing, believe me.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday. Shudder at the thought.. no! Shutter at the gal!!

Best wishes..

WillT said...

What a wonderfully seductive image. Thank you for sharing.

Lin said...

A rather belated Happy Birthday!