Monday, March 03, 2008

I'm Back!

Finally!!!!

AT&T came through and installed the phone line with DSL. Actually, they only brought it to the outside of the house. Fortunately, my son-in-law is quite clever and handy and he completed the installation. Handy son-in-laws can be quite handy that way.

Yep! I'm back in communication with the world at large! It feels great. And even though my cell phone barely works where I'm now living--I don't know where the nearest tower might be--I can now, at least, call forward it to my land-line phone when I'm home and, well, all is now well.

It was totally weird (and quite disconcerting) having my communications capabilities severely limited for the past week or two. It's amazing how we take all this for granted. I guess you never know how much you might miss some of these technologies until they're suddenly gone or seriously limited. I don't think I'd make much of a hermit. Not only do I need to be around people, I need to be in touch with them too! Leastwise, I need to know I can be in touch with them if I want or need to be.

Anyway, I'll be getting back to the oh-so-serious subject of photographing pretty girls in my next update... which will be imminently and quickly forthcoming.

The sexy lady at the top is Paola from a shoot late last year. Somehow, her panties seemed to have slipped off her shapely bottom! Now how'd that happen?

11 comments:

Lin said...

Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

I have noticed that things like this happen a lot when you are around. It's very peculiar.

In Japan they have special glue that holds up your socks. Maybe you should get some and put it in your bag so you could offer assistance to any lovely ladies who experience inexplicable wardrobe malfunctions of this type.

M

Anonymous said...

Finally!

While you were realizing how much you missed technology, we were realizing how much we missed reading your blog!

Bob

D.L. Wood said...

I was thinking just the other day - was it better when we didn't have all these communication capabilities? Now if someone can't reach you in two minutes they want to know what's wrong.

I used to have a sales rep job. I didn't give my cell out for orders and people couldn't understand. I got about 30 phone orders a day - you would spend about 10 minutes per order - that's 5 hours - how was I supposed to drive my 200 to 300 miles to visit my avg. 5 customers a day plus give them each a half hour to hour presentation and then spend 5 hours taking phone orders? With just so many hours in a day, I needed a life beyond work.

Ah. the panties - that's just the power of being a PGS with a long lens. :-)

D.L. Wood

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back Jimmy!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Jimmy. Your blog is part of my evening blog routine. Glad things are back to normal.

Dave

Alex said...

Welcome back JimmyD, we missed you!! hope to hear from you soon.

Sheldon Photography said...

Welcome back. I am not sure which is more backward. I live in the Des Moines metro, but cant get DSL, but can be anywhere in the state of Iowa and I have full cel phone service. Or be you in the middle of no where California, have DSL, but your cel phone dont work at home. I think I need to move.

jimmyd said...

Thanks everyone!!!!

Hey Willie: I'm not exactly in the middle of nowhere, California. I'm still in Los Angeles County. We're just in a valley surrounded by mountains-- not very big mountains but, apparently, big enough to block the cell phones. BTW, what about those adverts I'm seeing on TV from Hughes? They're claiming broadband service from anywhere via satellite.

Anonymous said...

congrats!

great to see you back.

missed your news.

jens

Anonymous said...

Jimmy,

We've got the same problem with cell reception at our house. Something I discovered recently is that there's cell phones that can connect through a home WiFi connection in addition to cell towers.

I think T-Mobile may be the only provider with support for it in the US at the moment, but might be worth checking out.