Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

Actually, it happened after I arrived at the forum. No, I'm not referring to Rome's famous coliseum, aka "the forum," nor am I writing about the Stephen Sondheim musical. The forum I'm referring to is a photography forum, specifically, the SuperShoots forum.

Yesterday, after logging onto the SuperShoots forum, I noticed a new thread with the subject title, JimmyD's Backyard.

"What's this?" I thought.

It turned out that another SuperShoots member, Ed Selby, had been in San Diego on business--Ed hails from Georgia--and he mentioned that he would have liked to have met up with me while he was here, in Southern California. Ed posted a beach shot that he had snapped. I made a comment which led to another comment by Ed with another of his snaps at the beach which, ironically, turned out to be a pic of a good friend of mine.

I don't know why I'm writing all this out. Just click the SuperShoots links I provided and read it for yourself. It's fairly Twilight Zone-ish.

The eye-candy at the top is Kinzie. I shot Kinzie yesterday for one of my regular employers. Haven't had time to carefully look at all the results yet. I shot Kinzie on both a black BG and on a white cyclorama with different wardrobe for each. (Not that the wardrobe in either set lasted very long.)

The above pic caught my eye during a quick perusal of Kinzie's pics. I was drawn to the way her body is producing all those angles, curves, and lines in that exaggerated pose. Expression could be better-- Her head dropped a bit with a coy smirk would, IMO, improve the image. Oh well. The planets don't always line up the way you want them to. Kinzie captured with my Canon 5D, ISO 200, f/8, 125. Standard 3-light lighting setup. She arrived at the studio made-up and ready to shoot.

Here's an accidental "art" pic of the lovely Kinzie.

4 comments:

Lin said...

"Accidental Art?" I like it!
An entirely new genre, perhaps?

Paps said...

LOL - the moment it accidentally click" :)

jimmyd said...

@Paps-

The accidental moment.

LOL!!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't get me started on Accidental Art! I had a classmate back in school who would arbitrarily set her shutter speed and f:stop and self timer. Then she would toss the camera into the air and it would fire sometime in space. She would then make prints of the results and call them art. There wasn't much to them re: composition, graphics, tonality, etc., but the teacher loved them. She did have big boobs and that probably helped.