Wednesday, February 19, 2014

New eBook Right Around the Corner!

It's done! I've been putting in a lot of hours finishing my latest ebook, "Location Flash,"  and it's finally done... well, sort of done. Yep. The book is finished, actually it's been finished for a few days, but now I'm focused on the editing and proofing part.  If the title doesn't automatically tell you what this new ebook is about, I will:  Shooting portraits (of all kinds) in natural light (daylight) with flash added. 

"Location Flash" is my 5th ebook.  It's 90 pages in length with 8 chapters, arjound 20,000 words, and 82 images-- most of them photos, many of which I went out and snapped specifically for the book. It also includes a smattering of other graphics in that image count. Twenty-thousand words, by the way, is considered (by "experts" who count words for this sort of stuff) as the minimum length for a mainstream adult novella or a novel aimed at teens and young adults. Yeah. I did a quick Google search on word-count for books.

I think I've got the subject of using flash in daylight moderately well covered. It's a big subject. So, what I focused on was the basics as well as lighting strategies. It isn't an overblown tutorial for speedlights. "Location Flash" is aimed at novice through intermediate photographers looking to develop and hone their skills adding flash to natural light. It isn't gear or brand-biased. I used small flash instruments for the pics as well as studio strobes with portable power.  I covered shooting with flash in manual mode, as well as Av (Aperture Priority) and Tv (Shutter Priority) modes, and why you might use any of those modes. I paid special attention to the different and unique (yet related) functions of aperture and shutter speed when adding flash to daylight. (As opposed to their functions shooting in natural or constant light light alone.)

I went out of my way to author a stand-alone book but, for those who have read my last ebook, "Flash-Free Portraits,"  it also serves as something of a sequel, but this time out adding flash to daylight-only portraiture.

Release of "Location Flash" is right around the corner. Like I said, I'm still proofing and editing... and proofing and editing some more. Plus, I still have to build the "sell" page for it. But that shouldn't take too long.  Look for it real soon!

The book cover (shown above) is not the book's actual and final cover. It's an early mock-up of what I thought I might use for the cover. The final cover includes a photo of a 7-year-old girl which I didn't think would be appropriate to post on this glamour photography blog. 






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats! Can't wait to check it out.