Friday, March 30, 2007

Erotica Lee2: A Horse of Another Color

When Dorothy enters Oz, the Emerald City, one of the first things she encounters is a horse that magically changes its colors. Dorothy is enchanted by this chameleonlike carriage-horse and, after inquiring about it, she's told it's the proverbial "horse of another color."

When it comes to images of naked women, the web site, EroticaLee2, offers digitally manipulated photographs of women -- many of which are focused on their holiest of holy assets -- that are, to my mind, abstractly akin to horses of another color.

Sure, I've seen plenty of images of pretty girls manipulated in many different ways. But this photographer/artist has a unique vision that I don't remember encountering before.

EroticaLee's imagery might not be for everyone. I'm not even sure if it's for me. But I find myself quite captivated, even enchanted, by quite a bit of it.

Check out EroticaLee2 and see if you agree.

The pretty girl at the top is Rebecca. I shot Rebecca, who comes from Spain and who speaks almost no English, sometime last fall in the entranceway of my friend's home in Huntington Beach, California. The entranceway had a huge skylight as it's roof. I added a couple of lights to fill and accent the very soft and creamy ambient-- A large umbrella in front of her and a small one, behind the French doors, on her left side, for highlights.