Friday, April 06, 2007

It's Been a Hectic Week

I haven't had much time to blog this past week. Been busy! I guess that's a good thing. It means my wallet is a bit fatter.

Wednesday, I was on the set of an adult, cinematic, masterpiece: "American MILF: The Movie."

AM:TM, which will be distributed by Vivid Pictures, is a humorous and comic look at the MILF phenomenon. (Yes, it actually had a script and a story-- something viewers will, most likely, fast-foward through.) Rest assured, no MILFs were injured in the making of this flick. And please, don't anyone write me to ask, "What's a MILF?" If you live in the U. S. of A., and don't know what a MILF is, I suggest crawling out from under that rock (or from that cave you've been dwelling in) and getting out and about once in a while.

There's nothing really new about this whole MILF thing. I recall, way back in the day and when I was a young dude about town, I was, like many of my pals, enamored with older(ish) women. Back then, we simply called them "older women" or "older chicks," instead of MILFs. But whether you call them "MILFs," or "cougars," or just plain "older women," the allure of "experienced" women has always and often been of particular interest (a nice way to say it) to inexperienced young men. (And, I suppose, to experienced guys as well.)

It was a long day: 17 hours shooting! It took me all of yesterday to recuperate. (I ain't as young as I once was.) In the end, though, I think a fairly funny fuck flick was captured. (Assuming anyone's interested in fairly funny fuck flicks.)

There was nowhere, at the Married with Children-ish location house, that was especially photo-friendly for me to shoot stills. I just grabbed them wherever and as best I could. I was quite busy, throughout the day, as I was also directing and shooting one of the Hi-Def video cameras -- yeah, I can chew gum and walk at the same time -- so I had a bit less stills-shooting time with each performer/model than is usually the case.

I was grateful the production company hired an additional P.A. (Production Assistant) who was at my constant disposal. That meant I didn't have to schlep any of my gear around or do much in the way of physical exertion to get the images. This particular P.A. works regularly as a photographer's assistant at one of L.A.'s top, "mainstream," photo studios: That was a big help getting the still images shot in less time and with less effort. He could even read a meter! (In L.A., there's quite a few crew people who regularly cross back and forth between mainstream and adult.)

The Sophia Loren-ish model in the pic (above) is Ava. Ava performed in the supporting role of "Mrs. Robinson." Her character's name shouldn't require much explanation. Image captured with a Canon 5d w/28-135mm IS USM glass, ISO 100, f/5.6 @ 100th. Two light sources were employed: Mola beauty dish for the main, and a strobe with a small, silver umbrella, behind her.

No comments: