Monday, December 31, 2007

Goodbye 2007 Hello 2008


Another year ends, another begins.

What better way to end the year than with a prestigious internet award for photography blogging excellence? Okay. Maybe winning the lottery or the Publishers Clearing House Grand Prize might trump an internet award but I'm thrilled, most appreciative, and my ego has been suitably stroked nonetheless.

Yep! I'm proud to announce I've been selected--two years running now--by the awards committee at the Fluffytek Art Blog as "Best Glamour Blog." (Fluffytek either became "Fluffytek Nudes" at some point--and I didn't notice--or I'm having a major brain fart... or both.)

From a blogging perspective, this is going to be hard to beat as I'm definitely going to try for a three-peat in 2008. So I guess doing so becomes something of a New Year's resolution.

My heartfelt thanks to the wise folks at Fluffytek! (Yes, oh Fluffytekkers, once again selecting me for this award bestows a publicly-proclaimed quality of "wisdom" upon you.) I'd also like to thank everyone who reads this blog as well. All of you contribute to making this endeavor personally fulfilling, worthwhile and rewarding.

To all my family and friends and to most everyone, with the exception of certain political figures as well as a number of other persona exceptions, I hope 2008 becomes all you wish it to be!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, yeah, yeah....enough of the ego stroking....where are the boobies?!?!?!

jimmyd said...

yeah, yeah, yeah....enough of the ego stroking....where are the boobies?!?!?!

I predict plenty of them for 2008!

Lin said...

Congrats on your well deserved award! One day we even hope to make real ones! Although solid gold is unlikely to happen unless we win the lottery. Will tasteful plastic do?

Your writing and photography seriously rock. Oh yes, and the boobies do too, of course.

Happy New Year!

Rich & Lin

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, JimmyD. I enjoy your ramblings a great deal. The season's best to you.

Dave Rudin said...

Congratulations on your second Golden Fluffie, Jimmy! You'll have to give me your secret for being able to win such a distinguished honor two years in a row...LOL

I wasn't really aware of your blog before, but as Lin and Richard have recommended you, I'll make it a point to visit regularly.

Just one more question: How can a poor fine art nude photographer like me get to photograph someone like Tera Patrick???

Good luck with making it a Golden Fluffie hat trick in 2008.

Have a happy new year,

Dave R

jimmyd said...

Welcome, Dave! And thanks!!! Hmmm... shooting Tera, well, I do a fair amount of work for her company, TeraVision, so that's how I get to shoot her. Originally, her husband saw some of my work I did for another company and then hired me to shoot for TeraVision, altho not images of Tera at first; I kinda got worked into that. Currently, just about all her stuff--for PR, magazine sets, whatever--is either shot by myself or Lisa Boyle. Lisa Boyle is a former Playboy model who appeared in the magazine, PB's Special Editions, and elsewhere many times. Lisa is now a full-time shooter. I don't think she models any longer. She's also one of Tera's close friends so that gives her an edge. You can Google Lisa and find tons of links. Anyway, thanks again!

Dave Rudin said...

You are welcome!

Dave