Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Do You Tweet?

Twitter has become a daily part of my life. I only began Twittering about a month or so ago but it's now a big part of my daily e-diet. I even keep connected with my iPhone.

Twitter is unlike other social networking sites, e.g., MySpace and FaceBook. It asks one simple question: "What are you doing?" And it only allows you to elaborate in 140 characters or less.

Since many, make that nearly all, of the Twitter users I follow (or those who follow me) are related to photography, I've been able to network with many others who either share my love for photography and/or those who keep me informed about photo-related news and information. In real time!

For a while, I wondered why Twitter uses avian-related analogies and metaphors for it's name and user jargon. Then I realized they must have spoken with my Mom. How so? I'll tell ya how so.

Back in the day, when I was a little kid, whenever my mother seemed to know something that I couldn't figure out how she found out about, she'd simply say, "A little bird told me."

My Mom is now 82 and she continues saying that to this day!

That's how I think of Twitter: Whatever I learn via its users, I think to myself, "How do I know that? A little bird told me."

If you don't Twitter you might think about doing so. It's a great way to keep in touch with friends and acquaintances and, better still, those who you follow will keep you abreast of important news and info about those things you are most interested in...you know, like photography!

Here's my Twitter account: pgshooter. If you want to hatch your own Twitter presence, you can sign up for a free Twitter account from my Twitter page. (No, I don't get a kick-back for this.) After signing up, you can add me (to follow) and also have a look at the folks I'm following. I'm pretty sure some of those I follow will be of interest to you and you'll want to follow them as well.

The pretty girl at the top, from a shoot last year, is... uhh... Damn! I forget her name! I do remember that she's from Brazil. Oh well. She's drop-dead gorgeous with or without a name. I posted a B&W version of the shot, with the model wearing a dress, so it would seem a bit more "high-brow." You know, me being a high-brow sorta guy and all.

1 comment:

Lin said...

Oh sush now! You know I think of you as exceedingly highbrow. After all you WERE featured in the very highest of highbrow British newspapers: the Financial Times. It doesn't come any more intellectual than that :-)
Not that I'm jealous or anything. *Sniff*