Sunday, February 22, 2009

Photography Channel Coming to a TV Set Near You?

For those of you who can't figure out what Twitter is all about, that is, your response to it is, "I don't get it." One of Twitter's great uses, leastwise for me, is simply being put in touch with information I might not have been aware of but, once in touch with, discover it's info that interests or helps me. (Hint: It's all about who you follow and who follows you... or should that read "whom you follow?" Whatever.)

Case in point: This morning I awoke to a few more Twitter users who decided, for whatever reasons, to follow me. (A twitified Pied Piper is what I'm hoping to be. Should be no problem. I already have the "twit" part going on.) Anyway, one of them was the Photography Network or, as they're known on Twitter, PhotoNetTV.

"Hmm... These peeps might be interesting," I thought and clicked to follow them as well.

Following PhotoNetTV allowed me to see their Tweets.

"... looking for original and unorthodox photographers w/ passion to feature in upcoming shows on PhotographyNetwork.tv. Any leads??" Was one of their announcements. "...looking for comments & reactions to Pilot Show promo for upcoming launch season of the Network," was another.

"Okay. I'll bite," I thought as I clicked on the link to their promo.

I was moderately impressed as I watched their clip. Maybe you'll be too? CLICK HERE to have a look-see and decide if you agree. Also, HERE's the front door to their website, albeit (unless I'm missing something) only seems to be a Flash home page with an intro, a give-us-your-email sign-up, and another clip 'splayning what PhotoNetTV is all about. And HERE's their blog with one, kick-off update. (I'm thinking they're a Feb '09 start-up?)

In 140 characters or less (that's all Twitter allows) I sent PhotoNetTV my take on their promo: "Pro produced. Grt prod and post value. IMO, needs more edge: A bit less G-rated, wholesome, and vanilla. Maybe I'm too jaded?"

I thought their promo was well done but came off a little too Martha-Stewart-does-photography for my tastes.

A few minutes later, PhotoNetTV replied, "Thanks for taking a look. Content will be broad and diverse. Global PG-13 will be more like it. From Novice to Pro. Stay Tuned!"

I will.

Maybe some of you will too?

The straight-forward, low-impact, standard 3/4 glam-pic at the top is, of course, the Goddess of Glam, Playboy, Penthouse, FHM, and High Times cover girl, Ms. Tera Patrick. (Bet ya didn't know Tera was recently on the cover of High Times, did ya? Not that I know anything about that insidious counter-culture rag.) MUA and hair by Jennifer Corona.

The Tera-pic is one of many from a shoot in '08. Purpose was for photo-content pimping Tera's lingerie line, Mistress Couture. Besides the Mistress Couture content, various pics in the set later emerged as a full-page 944 tear, fashion pics for those folks who use a bunny's head with a bow-tie as their logo, and packaging for Clavine, Europe's #1 male-enhancement herbal supplement, now available in the US.

Personally, when I need some enhancing which, lately, I've needed less often (not the enhancing part but reasons for the enhancing... Dammit!) I generally prefer herbal supplements of the kind hawked in High Times. But maybe that's just me?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good post PGShooter I read their 'tweet" as well and thought the samethng. Should be interestng to follow. CaptainIK