Tuesday, May 08, 2007

One Pic : Three Different Results


About a week-and-a-half ago, I shot 20 models in a single day. Maybe it was 21 models. Once I got past a dozen or so, who was counting? Not only was I asked to shoot each of them individually, they also had me shooting them in pairs and, once or twice, in trios or three-ways or whatever you'd call it. I've already mentioned, in an earlier update, that I felt like the Henry Ford of T&A photography that day. I became a one-man, tease-photo, assembly line! Yep. Throughout the long day, one model after another was ejected from the make-up chair and paraded in front of my camera-- First in sexy attire and then, after some wardrobe shedding, in the buff. By the way, it took four MUAs to get the job done and stay on schedule. It would have been a much more profitable day if I were working by the piece, I mean model, rather than at a day-rate. Oh well.

I'm just now going through all the pics (about three-thousand of them) and processing a few. It's not my job to process them. That's for someone else to do. Ya see, much of the time I simply turn over CDs or DVDs of the images I've shot to the client. But I do keep copies archived and, when I have time, I enjoy going through them and processing a few for my own use, e.g., this blog. Sometimes, I like to process the same image in different ways. That was the case with the three approaches to the image of Sunny I've posted at the top of this update.

Sunny was one of those 20 or 21 girls and she knows her way around the front of a camera. It certainly makes the job easier, even when it's an assembly line, when models have a clue what they're doing. I can't say that was the case for each of the eye-candy babes I shot, but it was for Sunny and a few others.

The first image of Sunny is processed the way I normally would for an image like that. In the second, I thought a monochrome approach might be cool. And, in the third, I composited another image with the original. I kind of like the third one, although I'm certainly no expert in making composite images.

All the images captured with a Canon 5D w/85mm f/1.8 prime, ISO 100, F/5.6 @ 125th. I used a 5' Photoflex Octodome for the mainlight with two, strip-boxes behind her from either side. I also brought in a piece of white foam core for a bit of fill on the front side, opposite the mainlight.

Here's another of Sunny. She certainly has that "girl next door" thing going for her, doesn't she?

No comments: