Monday, July 24, 2006

Mola Speaks!

I received an email this morning from Mola Inc. Make that from Walter Melrose, photographer and inventor of Mola Softlights.

Walter writes:

Dear Jimmy:

Thank you for the kind review. I'm glad you enjoy our product and have shared your love of the light with so many. I am not a Blogger and this is the first Blog I have visited. As a shooter myself, being honest and open about the work we shoot and how we shoot it is not something most of us are comfortable with. Most if not all of our clients keep their love of the light a secret for fear someone will buy a Mola and copy their style.

Your honesty is refreshing.

Thank you

Walter Melrose
Mola Inc.

Jimmy sez: Well, there you have it from The Man, Mister Mola himself. Personally, I think Mr. Melrose's invention is quite possibly the premiere light modifier in the entire, known, photo-shooting universe. But maybe that's just me? Maybe other shooters, that is, those who are quite a bit ahead of me in the professional world of glamour, fashion, beauty, and portrait photography, know this even better than I do and that's why they keep their Mola dishes a secret? I really don't know. But what I do know is my Mola beauty dish IS my secret weapon and, being the unselfish kind of guy that I am, I'm willing to let everyone know they can have one of these uber-photographer classified, "Top Secret" weapons for themselves. All you have to do is buy one. BTW, in case you were wondering, I don't receive sales commissions from Mola, Inc.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jimmy,
I know how you feel about your Mola. I have a fish-eye lens and I break it out every chance I get, even if I know I didn't get a great shot. If you don't experiment, how will you learn?

Anonymous said...

The guys a mola are cool. i emailed them about buying one in the UK and they got back to me via email in about 30 minutes flat. I'm soooo buying one of the Euro ones.