Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Alexi Nikishin's Nudes

I grew up during the Cold War. Probably some of you did as well. Back then, thanks to a pervasive home-land propaganda machine--almost as good as the one we have today--our images of typical Russian women, make that Soviet women, was of stout, unpleasant-looking, females wearing babushkas and tossing shot-puts.

Man! Were we ever wrong!

Some of the most gorgeous models come from the former Soviet Union and Eastern Bloc countries! If we knew so many commie-chicks looked like they do, the Cold War would probably have ended a whole lot sooner. After all, in most guy's minds, beautiful and sexy women trump politics almost every time.

During a recent trip around the world... okay, make that this morning's cyber-trip around the world, I came across the nude-and-erotic art site of a Russian photographer, Alexi Nikishin. Alexi certainly disproves the propaganda that gave us images of fat, ugly, Russian chicks.

If you visit Alexi's on-line porfolio, I should warn you that his English is a bit suspect. For instance, in one paragraph, Alexi writes, "The main idea here is only to make an gentle accent on perfection of a body forms. To reach this purpose I use a Special illumination that helps to place the correct accents. That is the way I'm thinking about naked nature."

I don't understand what Alexi is trying to say. I think he means he has some "secret" lighting techniques that make for his beautiful images. (There's that "secret" thing again.) I suppose Alexi's "Special illumination" might be a reminder of Cold War secrecy: Secrecy (for terrible purposes) being another facet of Soviet life we were constantly reminded of during the Cold War. But I'll tell you this-- Alexi has created some beautiful images of beautiful women, secret illumination techniques or not.

In the next paragraph, Alexi writes, "In these photos there is no physiology, there is no bright light, there is no platitude."

Say what???

Again, I have no idea what Alexi is trying to say. Maybe it's one of those things that doesn't translate well. What does translate perfectly well are Alexi's images and I think you'll enjoy visiting his site and checking them out.

You can visit Alexi's "Fine Art Nudes and Erotic Art Photography," by clicking HERE.

The eye-treat images accompanying this post are mine, not Alexi's. I don't have permission to post any of Alexi's work and I never post the work of others without permission. Instead, these images are of a very sexy model, Roxy. I shot these and many others of the exotic, part-Asian and part-Anglo, Cockney-accented Roxy a few months ago.

No comments: