Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Image of Muse

Surfing around for glamour and pretty girl sites (as usual) and I came across one called Image of Muse.

Muse is a model with brains and beauty. Let me re-write that last sentence: Muse is a Goddess with brains and beauty. She is an exceptionally captivating model who regards herself as an artist instead of a prop. My body and my face are the tools that breath life into my visions; the photographer is the eye through which my imagination is revealed to the world, Muse waxes poetically on her site. Damn! I wish more models understood the artistic power they wield in front of a camera. Now I have to figure a way to have this artist reveal some of her visions through my eye!

When I clicked on "About Muse," the first thing I read was a quote attributed to Michelangelo. Michelangelo's words go a long way towards summing up my own view of shooting beautiful, unclothed women: What spirit is so empty and so blind -- that it cannot recognize the fact that the foot is more noble than the shoe, and the skin more beautiful than the garment with which it is clothed?

Apparently, Muse is also a social activist. Her activism, as it pertains to artistic nude photography, rails against the forces that seek to suppress access to nudity and to vulgarize the naked human form. Personally, I think any attempts to suppress images of Muse's naked form, and to call them vulgar, should be a crime in itself.

Check out Muse's site by clicking HERE. Muse's site is a combination free/paid site and there's plenty there for free that will make your visit worthwhile. Of course, if you love what you see, don't be shy about parting with a few bucks and supporting Muse's art. (And "No," I don't get a kickback for any traffic or memberships that might result from this bit of cyber-pimping I'm doing. I simply liked what I saw and read upon visiting her site.)

The pretty girl pics I posted with this are of Alisha. I shot Alisha a few months ago. These were test shots her agent asked me to shoot. It was Alisha's first time in a studio setting. She had limited wardrobe. (Who needs wardrobe?) She did her own makeup and hair. (Without fussing much with it and, frankly, without all that much skill.) But she really came alive in front of the camera and that, in itself, if quite gratifying for a pretty girl shooter like myself.

No comments: